Re: [AMBER] experiences with EVGA GTX TITAN Superclocked - memtestG80 - UNDERclocking in Linux ?

From: ET <sketchfoot.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 10:51:46 +0100

Hi all,

I reran the benchmark with Amber recompiled and at the latest drivers with
GPU in solo configuration yields the following results:

When I run the tests on GPU-00_TeaNCake:

1) All the tests (across 2x repeats) finish successfully:

2) The sdiff logs indicate that reproducibility across the two repeats is
as follows:

GB_myoglobin: Reproducible across 1,000,000 steps
GB_nucleosome: No reproducibility shown from step 3,400 onwards. Also
outfile is not written properly - blank gaps appear where something should
have been written.
GB_TRPCage: Reproducible across 1,000,000 steps

PME_JAC_production_NVE: No reproducibility shown from step 35,000 onwards.
Also outfile is not written properly - blank gaps appear where something
should have been written.
PME_JAC_production_NPT: No reproducibility shown from step 69,000 onwards.
Also outfile is not written properly - blank gaps appear where something
should have been written.
PME_FactorIX_production_NVE: Reproducible across 100k steps
PME_FactorIX_production_NPT: Reproducible across 100k steps
PME_Cellulose_production_NVE: Reproducible across 100k steps
PME_Cellulose_production_NPT: No reproducibility shown from step 17,000
onwards. Also outfile is not written properly - blank gaps appear where
something should have been written.

So it looks like the problem does occur in GB runs too. Though I notice
that running in single GPU mode seems to make the problem appear much later
than it occurs with dual GPUs, though obviously this is quite qualitative
and based only of 1 repeat.

br,