Re: [AMBER] MMPBSA.py: ECAVITY / ENPOLAR discrepancy

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 08:07:27 -0400

use_sav should be getting reset to 0 if inp==1 (see line 1020 in
pb_read.F90). If you force MMPBSA.py to use sander, do you see the warning:

         'PB Warning in pb_read(): the cavity energy should be correlated
to &
         & the SASA when inp=1, so use_sav is reset to 0.'

written anywhere in your mdout files?

Unfortunately I really don't know what could be causing this discrepancy,
since I'm not intimately familiar with PBSA development.

All the best,
Jason

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 6:51 AM, Jan-Philip Gehrcke <jgehrcke.googlemail.com
> wrote:

> On 04/30/2013 12:06 PM, Jan-Philip Gehrcke wrote:
>
> > Much larger numbers here in case of AT 13. Is that expected behavior? Or
> > does something go wrong in the MMPBSA run with the inp=1 setting?
> >

> In the PBSA manual section I read that inp=1 requires use_sav=0. There
> is a default defined for sander in /MMPBSA_mods/pb.py. It's use_sav=1. I
> found no further occurrence of use_sav in the MMPBSA sources using grep.
> Since use_sav is 1 by default in PBSA, it should be explicitly set to 0
> by MMPBSA in case of the MMPBSA pb namelist setting inp=1, right? I'll
> try to test how this is related to the numbers I have observed.

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida
Ph.D. Candidate
352-392-4032