Re: [AMBER] Is there a trick to fix a poor structural feature?

From: Bill Ross <ross.cgl.ucsf.EDU>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 21:26:26 -0700

Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 2:47 PM, Jonathan Gough
> <jonathan.d.gough.gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > I have a pdb (from an x-ray structure) that was missing several
> > "loops"(they are floppy therefore were very disordered in the crystals).
> > I used swisspdb viewer to add the residues back in but on a few of the
> > "connections" it was a stretch.
> >
> > therefore leap warns me that
> >
> > WARNING: There is a bond of 6.802961 angstroms between:
> > ------- .R<SER 363>.A<C 10> and .R<ARG 364>.A<N 1>
> > WARNING: There is a bond of 3.723094 angstroms between:
> > ------- .R<SER 990>.A<C 10> and .R<ARG 991>.A<N 1>
> > WARNING: There is a bond of 4.437505 angstroms between:
> > ------- .R<ALA 1197>.A<C 9> and .R<VAL 1198>.A<N 1>

A situation like this begs for inspection in xleap, which has the
useful ability to select and minimize groups of atoms (using basic
rules and without the vdw term). The slightest knowledge of chemistry
will often result in something that will minimize nicely in sander or
pmemd.

Note this is the only place leap's idea of bond order might matter -
adjust by double-clicking on bonds if so.

That said, low temperature dynamics will solve a lot of problems, and
give an interesting movie no matter what.

Bill