Re: [AMBER] Whirling ssDNA like a helicopter (Movie attached)

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 07:47:35 -0400

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013, Hoshin Kim wrote:

> I am doing MD simulation on ssDNA in implicit solvent.
> As you can see the result through attached short movie, ssDNAs act like
> whirling helicopter's rotor.

> ntt=1, nsnb=20, offset=0.13, ntr=1,

Don't use ntt=1 for implicit solvent simulations (see the discussion on the
ntt variable in the Users' Manual). I've a suspicion that you
have energy drains (coming from using a shortish cutoff for electrostatics)
and energy is going into overall motion. See if going to ntt=3 changes
things. I'd also suggest a longer cutoff, even at the expense of longer
simulation times.

....dac