Re: [AMBER] GAFFlipid using custom lipids

From: Benjamin D Madej <bmadej.ucsd.edu>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 22:00:00 +0000

Cody,

OK, I see what you mean about ff12SB for the head group. I have not tried any phospholipids with that kind of head group and I'll look into it. It's a good question about how transferable the parameters for the phenylalanine from ff12SB would be for a phospholipid head group. There are others on the mailing list who have much more insight into the history of ff12SB and the Amber protein force fields than I do.

That is interesting that RED provides a net charge of about 0.4e for the tail. My question is what sort of lipid system is this? Is it a monolayer or bilayer type system that you're investigating, or some other polymer? Your approach may vary based on the type of system. Lipid11 does use a capping and RESP charge derivation scheme specific for phospholipids and we've been looking at several strategies for lipid partial charge derivation.

Ben
Walker Molecular Dynamics Lab