Re: [AMBER] Amber installation problems

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 08:05:58 -0700

>Did you follow the above advice? It looks like you are using openMPI;
>which
>case, I'm not sure whether or not it will work with pmemd.cuda.MPI. You
>will
>need at least version 1.5 or later (and, in fact, even that might not
>actually
>work. If anyone on the list has current knowledge of how openMPI is or
>is not
>compatible with pmemd.cuda.MPI, please post some info.)

I have never been successful in getting OpenMPI to work with the GPU code
- as far as I can tell it is NOT completely MPI v2 compatible. I gave up a
while ago on it and switched to MPICH2 and/or MVAPICH2. It is a shame that
all the various Linux installations choose to include OpenMPI as their
default (and in the PATH :-( ) MPI.

All the best
Ross

/\