Re: [AMBER] aMD simulations in amber12

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 09:12:35 -0400

I don't know the details of what you've done or how you've evaluated
convergence, but I think to answer the questions you pose you'd need to
have well-defined precision. I would want to see more than 1 run for each
simulation method, and comparison to show that the ensembles match even
with different initial coordinates. Only differences larger than
well-designed error bars are meaningful. In other words, we don't have any
idea if the differences you describe are simply run-to-run variation. It's
unlikely that the simulated ensembles that you describe are well converged
even on the microsecond timescale.

Carlos Simmerling, Ph.D.
Professor, Department of Chemistry
Associate Director, Laufer Center for Physical and Quantitative Biology
Laufer Center, Room 119 Phone: 1-631-632-5424
Stony Brook University E-mail:
carlos.simmerling.stonybrook.edu <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Stony Brook, NY 11794-5115 Web: http://www.simmerlinglab.org