Re: [AMBER] Extra Points support in pmemd.cuda.MPI

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 06:39:58 -0700

Hi Thomas,

This is unlikely to be released as a patch - it will be in the next major
version of AMBER. In the meantime just do the following:

cd job1
export CUDA_VISIBLE_DEVICES=0
$AMBERHOME/bin/pmemd.cuda -O .. .. .. &
cd ../job2
export CUDA_VISIBLE_DEVICES=1
$AMBERHOME/bin/pmemd.cuda -O .. .. .. &

wait

This will utilized both GPUs, one for each job and the job submission
script will not quit until BOTH jobs have completed. This works well if
the two runs are expected to take similar times to complete.

All the best
Ross