[AMBER] on the usage of Antechamber for the ligand parametrisation

From: James Starlight <jmsstarlight.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 15:48:40 +0400

Dear Amber's users!

I want to perform list of full atomic simulation of protein-ligand
complexes in Gromacs using Amber99sb force field and ligand parametrized by
means of antechamber (acpype).

1- From antechamber tutorials I've found that GAFF is used for such ligand
parametrization. What cut-offs for electrostatics as well as vdw should I
use for the modelling of protein-ligand complexes ? (assuming that I've
used 1.0 cutoffs with such systems without ligands)

2- How I can assign charges more carefully ? Could you provide me with some
example of such charges assignment based on different chemical compounds?

Thanks for help,

James