Re: [AMBER] Is SHAKE necessary in running an MD?V

From: Gerald Monard <Gerald.Monard.univ-lorraine.fr>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2013 12:08:06 +0200

Hi,

As far as I know, TIP4P has been designed as a rigid water model.
However, it should work in AMBER as a flexible model (parameters are
available in frcmod.tip4p). I quickly try a 64 tip4p water system using
either ntc=1 or ntc=2. It works.
What is your input file (mdin)?

Gerald.

On 04/01/2013 10:29 AM, Alan wrote:
> Dear all:
>

> I'm running an MD of pure tip4p water. The calculation is not very big, so I thought if I could run it without SHAKE. But it turned out I couldn't. Every time I got similar error messages like this:
> [cli_0]: aborting job:
> application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 1) - process 0
> SANDER BOMB in subroutine nonbond_list
> SANDER BOMB in subroutine nonbond_list
> volume of ucell too big, too many subcells
> list grid memory needs to be reallocated, restart sander
> SANDER BOMB in subroutine nonbond_list
> volume of ucell too big, too many subcells
> [cli_3]: aborting job:
> application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 1) - process 3
> volume of ucell too big, too many subcells
> list grid memory needs to be reallocated, restart sander
> [cli_4]: aborting job:
> application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 1) - process 4
> [cli_1]: aborting job:
> application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 1) - process 1
> [cli_2]: aborting job:
> application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 1) - process 2
> list grid memory needs to be reallocated, restart sander
> SANDER BOMB in subroutine nonbond_list
> volume of ucell too big, too many subcells
> SANDER BOMB in subroutine nonbond_list
> volume of ucell too big, too many subcells
> list grid memory needs to be reallocated, restart sander
> [cli_6]: aborting job:
> application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 1) - process 6
> list grid memory needs to be reallocated, restart sander
> SANDER BOMB in subroutine nonbond_list
> volume of ucell too big, too many subcells
> list grid memory needs to be reallocated, restart sander
> [cli_7]: aborting job:
> application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 1) - process 7
> SANDER BOMB in subroutine nonbond_list
> volume of ucell too big, too many subcells
> list grid memory needs to be reallocated, restart sander
> [cli_5]: aborting job:
> application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 1) - process 5
> rank 3 in job 1 dell13_38141 caused collective abort of all ranks
> exit status of rank 3: return code 1
> rank 2 in job 1 dell13_38141 caused collective abort of all ranks
> exit status of rank 2: return code 1
> rank 1 in job 1 dell13_38141 caused collective abort of all ranks
> exit status of rank 1: return code 1
> rank 0 in job 1 dell13_38141 caused collective abort of all ranks
> exit status of rank 0: return code 1
>

> Unit 30 Error on OPEN: density.rst
> [cli_0]: aborting job:
> application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 1) - process 0
> rank 0 in job 1 dell13_32985 caused collective abort of all ranks
> exit status of rank 0: killed by signal 9
>

> I checked the mailing list but no luck. I've ran similar MD before, the only difference is this time I removed SHAKE. So I added SHAKE back. It worked.
> So I'm thinking is SHAKE necessary in running an MD?
>

> Thank you.

  Prof. Gerald MONARD
  Theoretical Chemistry and Biochemistry Group
  SRSMC, Université de Lorraine, CNRS
  Boulevard des Aiguillettes B.P. 70239
  F-54506 Vandoeuvre-les-Nancy, FRANCE
  e-mail : Gerald.Monard.univ-lorraine.fr