Re: [AMBER] ff10 with ILDN + Best&Hummer modifications

From: Vlad Cojocaru <vlad.cojocaru.mpi-muenster.mpg.de>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 15:17:39 +0100

HI Jason,

Thanks a lot for your feed-back ..
Of course, I know about the order of loading parameters ... The problems
we had with some frcmod files were because of some subtle details as you
say. These were some atom type issues between libraries, parm99.dat and
the new frcmod files .. I solved those a while ago already (I think I
also discussed those problems on the list) ...

However, I still wanted to simplify the whole procedure of loading the
parameters and I fancied working with newer library versions and so on
... So, that's why I tried to use ff10 ... And that's how I realized the
incompatibilities ... And I was wondering if anybody has dealt with it
already ...

Actually my idea of using the Best&Hummer corrections brought me to this
point ...

Probably you are right ... If I start modifying the modifications to be
compatible with f10, I will have quite a bit of work and mistakes can
always happen when dealing with other people's work ...

Vlad

--
Dr. Vlad Cojocaru
Max Planck Institute for Molecular Biomedicine