[AMBER] mmpbsa calculations for a ternary protein/dna/ligand complex in presence of cocrystalized Mg ions

From: Giulia <giulia.palermo.iit.it>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 16:26:00 +0100

Dear all,

I am running some MMPBSA post-processing calculations on a ternary system composed by PROTEIN, DNA and a LIGAND intercalating the dna.
I am considering the protein/dna complex as the RECEPTOR, whereas the intercalating ligand is (effectively) the LIGAND.
A total of 60 frames is processed on 12 processors (5 frames per processor).
I am using the non-linearized PB equation for deriving the binding free energies in the thermodynamic cycle.

In my system, there are six cocrystallized Mg2+ ions that are crucial for anchoring the DNA to the protein and for attaining the catalytic mechanism. Therefore, these Mg2+ can not be deleted.

I wonder if there is any particular procedure for the treatment of the Mg2+ ions in MMPBSA calculations, using the non-linearized PB equation.

Do you have any suggestion??

thank you very much

Giulia