Re: [AMBER] R: mmpbsa calculations on a PROTEIN/DNA/LIGAND ternary complex

From: Miguel Ortiz Lombardía <miguel.ortiz-lombardia.afmb.univ-mrs.fr>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 15:44:20 +0100

Hi,

The modifications I had suggested must NOT be made in the input file for
MMPBSA.py, but in the input files that MMPBSA.py generates for the
programs that do the energy calculations (for PB, they are called
_MMPBSA_pb.mdin).

The idea is that you run first MMPBSA.py with the '-make-mdins' option,
which will create those inputs. Then, you modify those "mdin" files as
suggested and finally, you run again MMPBSA.py with the '-use-mdins' option.

The options I suggested should work with AMBER 12 / AmberTools12.

Besides, to use non-linear PB you need sander/pbsa, whereas the default
in MMPBSA.py is, I believe, to use mmpbsa_py_energy. To force the use of
sander, you need to include the 'use_sander=1' option in the '&general'
section of your input for MMPBSA.py.

As for the best treatment of Mg2+ in your case, I think others will give
you better advice than me...

Good luck!

  Miguel