Re: [AMBER] problem combining trajectories with diff. number of residues

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 08:35:12 -0600

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 11:07 PM, Vaibhav Dixit <vaibhavadixit.gmail.com> wrote:
> I have tried your suggestion except upgrading cpptraj (for this I guess I

You should really consider updating and recompiling your AmberTools
installation. There are bugs in your version of the code (not just in
cpptraj) that could affect future results. Re-running configure should
be enough to patch your installation.

> The old box error is gone, but there is still a miss match with number of
> atoms while the number of residues is identical now.

In cases like these it really helps to take a close look at your
structure. The problem is that in the 1PRG structure you have a
C-terminal LEU and an N-terminal GLU, while in the 1FM9 structure you
have non-terminal versions of these residues (hence the extra atoms).
Either remove these residues from both structures, or just remove the
extra terminal atoms in 1PRG.

-Dan

--
Daniel R. Roe, PhD