Re: [AMBER] How to calculate PMF using Jarzynski’s equality?

From: Brian Radak <radak004.umn.edu>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 11:36:33 -0500

Hi Cuiyl,

I've never done such a calculation myself, but my understanding is that
they can be quite similar to WHAM/MBAR calculations. The latest development
that I am familiar with is this paper:

Minh, D. and Chodera, J. Optimal estimators and asymptotic variances for
non-equilibrium path-ensemble averages J. Chem. Phys. 2009, 131, 134110.

Regards,
Brian

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 3:34 AM, Cuiyl <cuiyinglukitty.gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Amber Users:
>
> I've done some SMD simulations with different starting coordinates
> taken from equilibrium simulations. The output dist_vs_t files contain the
> work of pulling from the initial distance to the final distance. I didn't
> use umbrella sampling and WHAM. Once the work is computed, how can I
> average it using Jarzynski’s equality to get the final estimate of the free
> energy difference?
>
> Hope this helps,
> Cuiyl

================================ Current Address =======================
 Brian Radak                                             :     BioMaPS
Institute for Quantitative Biology
 PhD candidate - York Research Group       :     Rutgers, The State
University of New Jersey
 University of Minnesota - Twin Cities         :     Center for Integrative
Proteomics Room 308
 Graduate Program in Chemical Physics     :     174 Frelinghuysen Road,
 Department of Chemistry                          :     Piscataway, NJ
08854-8066
 radak004.umn.edu                                 :
radakb.biomaps.rutgers.edu