Re: [AMBER] Citrate ion (-3) parameters

From: <moitrayee.mbu.iisc.ernet.in>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 14:58:08 +0530 (IST)

Dear Francois,

Thanks a lot for your email.
We do have an electron density in the crystal structure to which the citrate was
modeled. But I am not sure what sort of experimental data you are referring to.
It would be immensely helpful if you please elaborate a little more so that I
can speak to my experimental collaborator on this issue.

Thanks again and would look forward to hear from you.

Best Regards,
Moitrayee

> Dear Moitrayee,
>
>> I am performing a MD for which I would require citrate ion (-3)
>> parameters. It
>> would great if someone could help me with finding if there are
>> published citrate
>> ion parameters. I have searched the AMBER archive but did not get them.
>
> Citrate is a complex case; this is small molecule with 3 negative charges...
>
> If you decide to derive charges for the whole molecule, the
> conformation obtained after geometry optimization is unlikely to be
> representative of what you want...
>
> If you decide to follow the building block approach (see
> http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-3.php#17) the
> constraints used during charge derivation are likely to strongly
> affect the fit...
>
> Do you have experimental data about citrate that could be used to
> guide the charge derivation procedure?
>
> regards, Francois

> believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.