Re: [AMBER] Getting total dipole moment of molecules in periodic box.

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 10:00:02 -0500

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 9:47 AM, 강현아 <hakang.postech.ac.kr> wrote:

> Dear all,
>

> Now I am doing a simulation and find a method for getting total dipole
> moment of periodic box.
>

> If I have a periodic box which contains 400 water molecules,
>
> Is it possible to get dipole moment sum of each water molecule?
>

> I tried to use ptraj’s vector command like below
>

> vector v0 @1-.97 dipole out

This mask looks wrong. As indicated below, this only selected 2 atoms.
 What you may have been trying to select was atoms 1 through 97, in which
case you need the string ".1-97". If you wanted all 400 water molecules,
maybe you wanted :1-400 (residues 1 to 400)?

HTH,

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida
Ph.D. Candidate