[AMBER] Getting AmberTools12 to work in Ubuntu 12.04?

From: David Dubins <d.dubins.utoronto.ca>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 22:39:21 +0000

Hi everyone,

Many moons ago, I posted a script on how to install Amber in Ubuntu 10.

Well, against my better judgement, I upgraded Ubuntu last week to 12.04. I noticed my AmberTools no longer "worked". I followed Jason Swail's wiki on installing ambertools12 because I figured it was time to upgrade anyway, and that didn't work either. I also tried doing this from the Gnome desktop interface on 12.04, just in case it was a compatibility issue with Unity.

When I installed AmberTools 12, the tests seem to run successfully, and I was thinking it was somehow my environment variables, even though I followed Jason Swail's instructions. I am specifically interested in getting nab to work, and it wouldn't even work when I copied my nuc.nab file directly into the bin directory where nab lives.

I noticed gromacs stopped working as well, although I realize this isn't exactly the place to complain about that.

Has anyone shared this experience? How do I go about fixing this?

Many thanks in advance,
-Dave Dubins

David Dubins, Ph.D., B.Eng.

Instructor and Laboratory Coordinator

Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy

University of Toronto

Room PB 802

144 College Street Toronto, Ontario M5S 3M2

Phone: 416-946-5303

Fax: 416-978-8511

d.dubins.utoronto.ca