Re: [AMBER] how to assign atom types.

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2013 09:03:34 +0100

Dear Salma,

> i have installed amber sucessively. but its GUI is not being supported
> by my system as some of its applications have GUI. how to get these GUI for
> various tools. i am doing modeling of a ligand that i draw by myself in
> ISIS DRAW tool. when i upload the file of ligand on the amber12 it gets
> struck by giving a message" FATAL: Atom .R<MOL 874>.A<H80 39> does not
> have a type" how i can assign atom types to my ligand molecules.

I might be wrong but using ISIS DRAW will lead to a structure
represented in 2D and consequently to the absence of definition of a
conformation... If so, you generate a bad input structure for geometry
optimization. You could use another program/tool (xLEaP, R.E.D.
Server, etc...) to build your input structure in 3D.

Then, once your input structure is correct you can use a program to
set its atom types, although learning the different atom types and
adding them manually allows better controlling what we do.

regards, Francois