Re: [AMBER] how to assign atom types.

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 06:27:28 -0500

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 5:43 AM, Salma Zahir <salma.siddique10.gmail.com>wrote:

> hi, i have installed amber sucessively. but its GUI is not being supported
> by my system as some of its applications have GUI. how to get these GUI for
> various tools.

You need to install the necessary prerequisite programs for the GUIs you
want to run (xleap? xparmed.py?). If you are using one of the operating
systems listed here: http://jswails.wikidot.com/#toc6 then you can follow
those instructions (which lists the packages you need to install to run all
parts of Amber).

i am doing modeling of a ligand that i draw by myself in
> ISIS DRAW tool. when i upload the file of ligand on the amber12 it gets
> struck by giving a message" FATAL: Atom .R<MOL 874>.A<H80 39> does not
> have a type" how i can assign atom types to my ligand molecules. thanks for
> your time.

Use antechamber to assign atom types. See
http://ambermd.org/tutorials/basic/tutorial4b/ for details.

HTH,

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida