Re: [AMBER] GLYCAM_06 & GLYCAM_06h

From: Subrata Paul <paul.subrata34.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 16:33:22 +0530

I have used a disaccharides with 06 force field with amber10. Actually,
Now, I want to use that force filed with with amber12.
Is it possilble ?

Again, I tried to save the prmtop file with both 06 and 06h, I have found
no change in charge.
 Is it will change the other like bond, dihedral ete ?

thanking you
subrata

On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 12:53 PM, Lachele Foley (Lists)
<lf.list.gmail.com>wrote:

> Sorry I didn't answer earlier at the other address. Deadlines, plumbing,
> etc...
>
> There are differences between 06 and 06h. In fact, there is now an
> 06h-1. The latter might be important if you have a glycan attached to
> a protein. To understand the changes, you would need to read the
> documentation for all the releases in between. The docs are all here:
> glycam.org/params
>
> If a PDB worked for 06, it should work for 06h.
>
> The changes would be in the force field. In most situations, 06h (and
> 06h-1) should perform better than earlier versions.
>

> On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 1:10 AM, Subrata Paul <paul.subrata34.gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Dear, Sir/Maam
> >
> > Previously, We are using GLYCAM_06 force field for a carbohydrate with
> > AMBER10,
> > but Now I want to use AMBER12, which have GLYCAM_06h.
> >
> > 1. Is there any difference between GLYCAM_06 and GLYCAM_06h?
> >
> > 2. Can we use that same PDB for carbohydrate with GLYCAM_06h in AMBER12?
> >
> > 3. Is it make some changes to the molecule?
> >
> > Wishing you a very Christmas
> > Subrata
> >
> > --
> > *With Best Regards