[AMBER] Problem with molecule containing sulfonic acid substitution

From: Bernhard Poll <poll.chemie.uni-hamburg.de>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 11:32:27 +0100

Hi everybody,

I got some problems simulating a molecule containing a sulfonic acid
substitution. The simulation aborts during the pre-processing heat-up
giving no error in the heat.out (it writes the first line of the heat-up
process (NSTEP= 0 TIME (PS) = 0.000 etc.) in section 4.results in the
heat.out).

Input:

heat
&cntrl
   imin=0,irest=0,ntx=1,
   nstlim=25000,dt=0.002,
   ntc=2,ntf=2,
   cut=8.0, ntb=1,
   ntpr=500, ntwx=500,
   ntt=3, gamma_ln=2.0,
   tempi=0.0, temp0=300.0,
   ntr=1,
  /
&wt TYPE='TEMP0', istep1=0, istep2=25000,
   value1=0.1, value2=300.0, /
&wt TYPE='END' /
BlAH
2.0
RES 1 357
END
END

The minimization prior to the heating-process worked fine. So I thought
it might be some atomtype issue but antechamber worked fine too
(atomtype sy for the sulfur, o for the double-bonded oxygen and oh for
the hydroxy) and acdoctor only got this warning

Warning: the number of bonded atoms (4) for atom (ID: 20, Name: S20)
does not match
          the desired connectivity (2) based on the atom type (S.3)
defined in CORR_NAME_TYPE.DAT.

which acdoctor told me I can ignore too. Leap worked fine too the
resulting molecule/complex got no "strange" bonds/angles etc. I'm doing
the heating-process/equilibration/md-simulation etc. on a GPU cluster
but I don't know if this is the reason why the heating aborts. Maybe
some of you might have experience with that.

Thanks in advance,

Bernhard

--
Bernhard Poll