[AMBER] problem with imposing planarity to a N3P3 ring

From: Giovanni Pavan <giovanni.pavan.supsi.ch>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 19:36:08 +0100

Dear all,

I am using antechamber to parametrize the cyclophosphazene ring in the
figure attached "N3P3.jpg".

Everything works fine.

Except for the planarity of the ring. In fact, this N3P3 ring should stay
planar in reality, but it does not during the simulation.

The ring bends immediately during the minimization.

By default antechamber gives "py" GAFF atom type for P. However, I have also
tried using "pd", which is supposed to be ok for aromatic P atoms.

Nothing changes.

I have also tried to increase the constant in the improper torsion,
originally:

DIHE

pb-ne-pb-ne 1 5.400 180.000 2.000 same as X
-n2-p2-X

IMPROPER

ne-pb-ne-pb 1.1 180.0 2.0 Using default
value

to:

DIHE

pb-ne-pb-ne 1 5.400 180.000 2.000 same as X
-n2-p2-X

IMPROPER

ne-pb-ne-pb 10.1 180.0 2.0 Using default
value

but, again, it didn't work - the ring bends as in figure "image.jpg".

Am I missing something?

Probably it is easy and I am making some stupid error.

What is the easiest way to have this N3P3 ring planar during the MD run?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Bye

Dr. Giovanni M. Pavan

Department of Innovative Technologies

University of Applied Science of Southern Switzerland

Centro Galleria 2, Manno 6928, Switzerland.

e-mail: giovanni.pavan.supsi.ch

web: http://www.dti.supsi.ch/~pavan/

skype: giovanni_pavan

phone: +41 58 666 65 60