Re: [AMBER] How to Run MD of Glycol Nucleic Acid (GNA)

From: ros <rodrigogalindo.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 09:37:36 -0700

Hello Mu Xia.
There are a couple of ways of doing this and each require quite some work.

I am working with PNA which is similar to what you are trying to do, so a
basic guideline to do it would be:

1- Each individual "GNA nucleotide" has to be parametrized using
experimental data (X-ray/NMR) or using high level QM calculations
2- Using the optimized structure, you can use the R.E.D. server (or R.E.D.
tools) to generate charges compatible with the AMBER force field.
3- Use antechamber to translate your structures to the GAFF force field,
combine the generated charges with the GAFF atom types.
4- Generate an FRCMOD file with the FF modifications using parmchk
5- Using LEAP, generate a library file for your new GNA nucleotide using
your structure file (mol2) and the FRCMOD file.
6. With your library file you can then load a PDB that contains your GNA
nucleotide with other molecules (like DNA) and generate prmtop and coords

As I said, there are a lot of details to this guide and always double check
that the generated prmtop and coords behave accordingly to what is expected.

Hope this helps!

Have a good day,

Rodrigo.