Re: [AMBER] Lys-bound retinal parameters?

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 06:17:54 +0100

Dear Scarlett,

You could use R.E.D. or R.E.D. Server...

Split your whole molecule 'Lys-bound trans-retinal' into two capped
building blocks.
Then use charge constraints (intra-molecular charge constraints;
intra-mcc) to remove these caps and generate the corresponding
molecular fragments used to reconstruct your whole molecule connected
(I guess) in a protein.

    ACE-NHCHCO-NME -> molecule 1; conformation(s) defined
        (CH2)4
         NH
         ACE
    3 intra-mcc=0 on the 2 ACE & 1 NME capping groups

   trans_retinal_CO-NME -> molecule 2; conformation(s) defined

  1 intra-mcc = 0 on the NME capping group

  R.E.D.
  ---> two fragments are generated

    NHCHCO -> fragment 1
     (CH2)4
      NH

    trans_retinal_CO -> fragment 2

   --->

these fragments are associated in the LEaP program

    NHCHCO
     (CH2)4
      CO
      NH
      trans_retinal

they are also connected in the protein...

   -AA(n-1)-NHCHCO-AA(n+1)-AA(n+2)-etc..
             (CH2)4
              CO
              NH