[AMBER] Error at the end of entropy calculation via MMPBSA.py

From: Miguel Ortiz Lombardía <miguel.ortiz-lombardia.afmb.univ-mrs.fr>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2012 15:31:00 +0100

Hello everyone,

After lengthy calculations to get an estimation of the entropic term by
the normal modes approximation via the MMPBSA.py.MPI script I get this
error:

AttributeError: 'list' object has no attribute 'stdev'
Error occured on rank 0.
Exiting. All files have been retained.

Re-running the script (serial version) with the -rewrite-output option
produces, possibly not surprisingly, the same error. Increasing the
debug level (up to 5) gives:

  File "/a/progs/simu/amber/amber12/bin/MMPBSA.py", line 641, in <module>
    [numframes, numframes_nmode], mut_str)
  File "/a/progs/simu/amber/amber12/bin/MMPBSA_mods/output_file.py",
line 348, in write_binding_output
    final_output.add_section(nm_sys_norm.print_summary())
  File "/a/progs/simu/amber/amber12/bin/MMPBSA_mods/amber_outputs.py",
line 1118, in print_summary
    stdev = self.data[key].stdev()
AttributeError: 'list' object has no attribute 'stdev'
Error occured on rank 0.
Exiting. All files have been retained.

That I am afraid is not enough to ring a bell...

I am using AmberTools 12 with Amber 11. Calculations using the same
input file for MMPBSA.py.MPI have worked on other production runs of the
same system. I thought therefore that perhaps the minimisation had not
converged for some snapshot, but a first inspection of the
_MMPBSA_*_nm.out.* files suggests that that is not the case. Before
going into deeper inspection of those files, I thought that perhaps
someone could suggest where to look.

Thank you!
Best,

--
Miguel
Architecture et Fonction des Macromolécules Biologiques (UMR7257)