Re: [AMBER] amber12 (pmemd.cuda) on GeForce GTX 580 ?

From: Robert Crovella <RCrovella.nvidia.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 06:50:05 -0700

It probably is relevant. You should be able to "see" the GPU using lspci and also using a command which installs with the NVIDIA GPU driver:

nvidia-smi -a

The above command should report data on the installed GPUs. If those methods do not indicate the presence of the GTX580, then there is something amiss with it or with how it is installed in the system.

Did you install the GTX580 card yourself, or is this system maintained by somebody else?
If you have access to the system, you may want to power-cycle the system, and check the results of lspci and/or nvidia-smi after rebooting.