Re: [AMBER] amber12 (pmemd.cuda) on GeForce GTX 580 ?

From: Aron Broom <broomsday.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 10:45:13 -0400

can you run the nvidia control panel thing (NVIDIA X server settings) and
see it there and its temperature and such?

I've seen a similar problem with a GTX580 and upon further inspection the
problem was the memory. If you google OpenMM or SimTK and memcheck, you
should be able to find a GPU memory checking program. I would run that.
In my case on a GTX570 where amber was working fine, the memchecker found
no problems, and on the GTX580 it was riddled with broken memory sectors.

~Aron

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 9:50 AM, Robert Crovella <RCrovella.nvidia.com>wrote:

> It probably is relevant. You should be able to "see" the GPU using lspci
> and also using a command which installs with the NVIDIA GPU driver:
>
> nvidia-smi -a
>
> The above command should report data on the installed GPUs. If those
> methods do not indicate the presence of the GTX580, then there is something
> amiss with it or with how it is installed in the system.
>
> Did you install the GTX580 card yourself, or is this system maintained by
> somebody else?
> If you have access to the system, you may want to power-cycle the system,
> and check the results of lspci and/or nvidia-smi after rebooting.

Aron Broom M.Sc
PhD Student
Department of Chemistry
University of Waterloo