[AMBER] amber12 (pmemd.cuda) on GeForce GTX 580 ?

From: Tomasz Borowski <tomasz.borowski74.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 10:13:38 +0200

Dear Amber users,

I have a problem with getting pmemd.cuda working on GeForce GTX 580
card.

With all the patches currently available applied to the code it compiles
with no problems (gnu compiler, open suse 11.2, no MKL libs). During tests
roughly half of the tests fail. However, the same binary code runs with no
problems on
another machine where I have GeForce GTX 285. The same driver and CUDA
toolkit installed
on the two machines. Does it mean the GTX 580 is faulty ?

Maybe it could be of relevance, on the machine with GTX 580 I cannot get
the info on the graphics card with the usual command:
lspci | grep VGA

could you, please, help ?

all the best,
Tomasz Borowski