Re: [AMBER] cis form: avoiding atom overlap in all-atom modeling

From: Aron Broom <broomsday.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 00:36:08 -0400

actually, I hadn't looked carefully enough at the structure you attached.
I'm somewhat confused now. The cis/trans states are controlled by a
double-bond, so that should mean that the only way to change between them
is for that double-bond to temporarily break no? And that is something you
are not going to be able to do with conventional molecular mechanics, and
will instead need to do some QM stuff on at least that portion of the
molecule. Am I missing something critical here?

So if I haven't lost my mind above, how are you able to see any kind of
change between the forms in your simulation? Unless that isn't treated as
a full double-bond and you modelled it as some kind of peptide-bond like
thing?

~Aron

--
Aron Broom M.Sc