Re: [AMBER] completing C-term atoms after strip in ptraj

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 08:38:08 +0200

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 1:53 AM, Nihal Korkmaz <enihalkorkmaz.gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I stripped the C-terminal of my protein from the trajectory by saying
> "strip :61-93" with ptraj. However, the C-terminal is left as -CO, I
> want to add an OXT so that it would be compatible with truncated
> topology that I get with tleap.

You can create a new topology file in parmed.py by using exactly the same
command (strip :61-93). This topology file will be compatible with your
stripped trajectory file.

Note, though, that while sander/pmemd *should* let you run simulations
using this topology file, your system will be nonphysical. This is really
for visualization and analysis applications.

HTH,

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida
Ph.D. Candidate