[AMBER] X11 problems on Mac OS X 10.8

From: Julio Dominguez <acheron24.hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 20:59:59 +0000

I am trying to compile amber12 + ambertools in mac os x 10.8.2. My only problem is that I cannot get an X11-enabled installation. During the patch application step I get the following warning:
ERROR: the X11 extensions headers are not in the usual location! To search for them try the command: locate X11/extensions On new Fedora OSes install libXext-devel On RedHat OSes install libXext-devel To build Amber without XLEaP, re-run configure with '-no-X11: ./configure -no-X11 intel
If I use the locate X11/extensions command I can see the required files just fine. If I continue without the -noX11 flag the compilation proceeds up to xLeap and fails there. The error there says that it cannot locate X11/Intrinsic.hI have changed the config.h file to reflect the location of the files but no luck. If I run the compilation with the -noX11 flag everything goes smoothly. I do have Xquartz installed, version 2.7.4. I am not following Jason Swails' instructions since I am using intel compilers and fink but this way worked in Mac OS X 10.6.8
Any suggestions are welcome.