[AMBER] General question about AmberTools with older Amber

From: Zalikha Ibrahim <zalikha.ibrahim.yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 19:07:07 -0700 (PDT)

Good day everyone,

I am wondering, is that possible if we prepare our input file (incrd, prmtop) using currently released AmberTools (i.e AmberTools 1.5 and AmberTools 12) and proceed with simulation using older Amber (i.e. Amber8, Amber9, Amber10)? Can these older Amber support files prepared by updated force field and would it affect our simulation? This maybe very simple, but I really don't know.

Lots of  thanks in advance for your guidance

Zalikha Ibrahim