[AMBER] igb=7, 8 incompatible with the ILDN modifications of ff99SB

From: Vlad Cojocaru <vlad.cojocaru.mpi-muenster.mpg.de>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 10:49:28 +0200

Dear all,

It appears that the Generalized Born simulations with igb=7 or igb=8 are
incompatible with the ILDN modification of the ff99SB force field.
I was trying to do an implicit solvent optimization of an unstructured
tail before starting explicit solvent simulations, but after setting
PBradii to "bondi" in Leap and running with igb=7 (AMBER 12), I got the
error

" Atom 25 has radius 2.2000000000000002 outside of
allowed range
  of 1.0 to 2.0 angstroms for igb=7. Regenerate prmtop file with bondi
radii."

Looking in the topology I realized that this is a CG2 atom in ILE which
has the type C3 ...

If I do the same simulation with igb=5, I do not get any error .. But
now I am actually wondering if the radii for these atom types are
assigned properly with the set "mbondi2" (which I used for the igb=5
simulations)...

I know that ILDN modifications are optimized for explicit solvent
simulations, but since my goal is actually explicit solvent simulations
I did not want to use a different force field for the intermediate step
of implicit solvent optimization.

Best wishes
Vlad

--
Dr. Vlad Cojocaru
Max Planck Institute for Molecular Biomedicine