Re: [AMBER] Installation problem of AmberTools of AMBER11

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2012 15:55:51 -0400

On Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 8:25 AM, Sanjib Paul <sanjib88paul.gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everybody
> I tried to install in a another machine also.
> But same errors are coming during extraction and decompression of
> AmberTools12.tar.bz2. Please tell some procedure so that I can install
> it properly.

You are probably not waiting for the download to finish. The tarball
should be 89175545 bytes. This registers as 85 MB.

None of my web browsers know the size of the tarball file that's being
downloaded, so it finishes when it finishes (it never gives me an estimated
time of finishing). It should indicate when the download is complete, but
until the tarball is 89175545 bytes large, your download has not finished
and it will not work.

Since nobody else has reported this problem and we cannot reproduce it, I
don't know how much more anybody else will be able to help.

HTH,

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida
Ph.D. Candidate