Re: [AMBER] Help with ncsu_abmd flooding mode

From: Brian Radak <radak004.umn.edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 12:08:15 -0400

Hi Fabricio,

Unfortunately the ncsu modules are beginning to fall out of use these days.
I have not seen many regular users post on this list in quite some time,
especially with regards to the abmd module. I can only suggest looking at
the source code. I'm sorry I can't offer any more information than that.

Regards,
Brian

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 11:17 AM, Fabrício Bracht <bracht.iq.ufrj.br> wrote:

> Hi. I am sorry to resend this, but I just want to make sure that you
> guys received the email. I am worried because I had already two other
> threads on the mail list and I don't know if things get mixed up or
> not. So, again, I am sorry if this causes any inconvenience, but I
> just wanted to make sure.
> Thank you
> Fabrício
>
> Hello Amber folks.
> Is it possible to use the LCOD variable with ncsu_abmd? If so, are the
> min and max variables required?
>
> Secondly. I am having some trouble with the mdin file for the
> ncsu_abmd simulation. My file goes like this:
> Parameters for qmmm md run
> &cntrl
> .....parameters for md simulation...
> /
> &qmmm
> ......parameters for the qmmm part.....
> /
> ncsu_abmd
> mode=FLOODING
> monitor_file='abmd.txt'
> monitor_freq=50
> timescale=10.0
> .....and the rest of the variables (this is what the first two
> questions of the email adress)
>
> Once I run sander, the following error show up on the mdout file.
> ** NCSU-Error ** : 'md_qmmm.in', line:25, col:1 : unexpected character
>
> Line 25 is the that specifies: ncsu_abmd
>
> Any help here would be great
> Thank you
> Fabrício Bracht

================================ Current Address =======================
 Brian Radak                                             :     BioMaPS
Institute for Quantitative Biology
 PhD candidate - York Research Group       :     Rutgers, The State
University of New Jersey
 University of Minnesota - Twin Cities         :     Center for Integrative
Proteomics Room 308
 Graduate Program in Chemical Physics     :     174 Frelinghuysen Road,
 Department of Chemistry                          :     Piscataway, NJ
08854-8066
 radak004.umn.edu                                 :
radakb.biomaps.rutgers.edu