Re: [AMBER] Fwd: meaning of "tolerance" in REMD

From: Brian Radak <radak004.umn.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 14:53:12 -0400

I am confused, the link you give is for a program that is not part of the
AMBER suite and calibrated to GROMACS results. Why did you ask the question
here?

Also, at the bottom of that page there is ample documentation on where to
seek references and even the statement "In case of questions please mail to
t-remd [at] xray.bmc.uu.se"

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 2:02 PM, Sajeewa Pemasinghe <sajeewasp.gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Could someone please correct me if I am wrong with the following
> interpretation of "tolerance" in REMD (I am using
> http://folding.bmc.uu.se/remd/index.php to generate my REMD temeperatures)
>
> Tolerance in REMD refers to
>
> "The upperbound in the change of bond lengths in any two successive
> snapshots. So if there is a greater change in bond lengths the program will
> give an error because it exceeds the accepted upperbound (i.e.tolerance).
> If I am using a lower time step I can use a lower tolerance"
>
> Am I correct with the above statement. Please correct me if I am wrong.
>
> Thank you (expecting a quick reply to go forward with my simulation)
>
> Sajeewa Dewage

================================ Current Address =======================
 Brian Radak                                             :     BioMaPS
Institute for Quantitative Biology
 PhD candidate - York Research Group       :     Rutgers, The State
University of New Jersey
 University of Minnesota - Twin Cities         :     Center for Integrative
Proteomics Room 308
 Graduate Program in Chemical Physics     :     174 Frelinghuysen Road,
 Department of Chemistry                          :     Piscataway, NJ
08854-8066
 radak004.umn.edu                                 :
radakb.biomaps.rutgers.edu