Re: [AMBER] TI run energy does not conserve

From: <psu4.uic.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 15:41:22 -0500

Hi Brian,

   When I use "process_mdout.perl<http://ambermd.org/tutorials/basic/tutorial1/files/process_mdout.perl>"
from the tutorial to process an output of my QMMM TI run
(123_QMMM-TI.out<http://dl.dropbox.com/u/97270789/New%20folder/123_QMMM-TI.out>),
the energy and pressure seems no problem and can generate the correct
plots<http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w454/happypsu4/TI_pressure.png>.
 However, the .DENSITY and .VOLUME are always empty.

Here is my command.

perl process_mdout.perl
123_QMMM-TI.out<http://dl.dropbox.com/u/97270789/New%20folder/123_QMMM-TI.out>

The .out file is not a constant volume simulation. The density and the
volume info are recorded.

The summary.VOLUME and summary.DENSITY will become like this (Here is the
.VOLUME. Only time info but not the volume info is processed.)

     Time
     100.250
     100.500
     100.750
     101.000
     101.250
     101.500
     101.750
     102.000
     102.250
     102.500

However, for example, the summary.TEMP is normal.
     Time Temp
     100.250 270.13
     100.500 286.46
     100.750 290.89
     101.000 296.04
     101.250 299.31
     101.500 299.82
     101.750 301.57
     102.000 301.14
     102.250 303.40
     102.500 298.73
     102.750 300.91
     103.000 300.91
     103.250 301.50
     103.500 300.79
     103.750 300.80
     104.000 300.16
     104.250 300.49
     104.500 301.66
     104.750 299.72
     105.000 299.12
     ....... ......

  I also try to use
"process_mdout.perl<http://ambermd.org/tutorials/basic/tutorial1/files/process_mdout.perl>"
to process an output file of a MM-MD run
(456_normal_MD.out<http://dl.dropbox.com/u/97270789/New%20folder/456_normal_MD.out>)
and the volume/ density can be processed correctly.

  All the necessary files are provided in each link. I think the reason is
because in the QMMM-TI outputs, each recorded point contains two extra
terms:

PM3ESCF= -205.6589
 DV/DL = 0.0000

  so the .perl script is confused. However, perl is not my strong subject
so could you give me some comments? Thank you.

  Best,
  Henry