Re: [AMBER] Fwd: pbsa: unit of the electrostatic potential values written to DX file

From: Ray Luo, Ph.D. <ray.luo.uci.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 11:09:44 -0700

Jan-Philip,

I think Wes meant to say the energy is in kcal/mol, so potential would be
kcal/mol-e ... This is how things work within Amber. "e" is the atomic unit
of charge. It is always positive, i.e. the electron charge is -e, the
proton charge is +e.

Hope this helps.

Ray

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 1:55 AM, Jan-Philip Gehrcke <jgehrcke.googlemail.com