[AMBER] xLeap and Windows questions

From: Mickey Richards <mickey18385.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 12:56:33 -0600

Hello-

I am running AmberTools 1.2 (with Amber10) on Windows XP using Cygwin.
 I saw on this webpage ( http://ambermd.org/mswindows.html ) that a
new version of X11 allows xleap to run with Cygwin. After updating
X11, I am still unable to run xleap. Specifically, I type "xleap" at
the command prompt, and nothing happens. So, I have a couple of
questions that I'm hoping someone on the list can answer:

1. Is it only the AmberTools 1.5 version of xleap that will work for
Windows/Cygwin?

2. Can I use AmberTools 1.5 with Amber10 to set up simulations using
PMEMD and explicit solvation?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

--Mickey Richards
University of Alberta