Re: [AMBER] Difficulty using ptraj to generate pdb frames from .mdcrd trajectory

From: Gordon S Freeman <gfreeman.wisc.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 17:15:14 -0500

Thanks Dan,

By exploded I mean the coordinates of the atoms in the simulation are
randomly placed what looks like a cubic box with bonds criss-crossing
the box. So "exploded" in the sense that the configurations that come
out are reminiscent of a simulation in which the energy has exploded and
the molecule has gone all to heck.

The script you sent me produces the same result. Does the type of
periodic box come into play for ptraj? i.e. do I need to tell ptraj that
the box is octahedral rather than cubic? If the trajectory was smaller
(it is 17GB) I would attach it for someone else to take a crack at...

Any other thoughts on how to deal with this issue or strategies to try?
In case its helpful in explaining what I mean by "the frames look
exploded," I have attached a few vmd snapshots from early in the
simulation (looks fine) and later in the simulation (looks not so
fine)... the raw .mdcrd output looks good (like image_1.png) throughout
the simulation while the ptraj output looks distorted and "explodey."

Thanks a million,

Gordon