[AMBER] Problems matching atom names to PREP files

From: Chris Whittleston <csw34.cam.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 13:35:34 +0100

Dear AMBER users,

I'm trying to set up a system where NADP+ is the cofactor. I have a PDB
file with initial coordinates for the protein and NADP+, and I have taken
the NADP+ parameters from here (top part, total charge -3):

http://personalpages.manchester.ac.uk/staff/Richard.Bryce/amber/cof/nadp+.prep

I'm absolutely happy putting the complex together using leap, but I'm
currently unable to do so, because I can't figure out which NADP+ atoms in
the PREP file correspond to those in the PDB that I have as the atom names
are different, and I had to add some hydrogens myself. I was hoping to
visualise the PREP file so I could compare it to the PDB that way, but this
doesn't seem possible...

I've looked at the paper which is references for the parameters, but the
authors do not provide any information on atom naming conventions...

Am I missing something obvious?

Many thanks,

Chris

--