[AMBER] FIX for Mac OS X Lion with Xcode 4.3.2

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 08:21:26 -0400

Hello Everyone,

Many people have reported errors like the following when trying to build
with the latest version of Xcode (4.3.2) and Mac OS X Lion:

bintraj.F90:555.18:

  call checkerror(nf90_put_var(ncid, var_id, buf(:,:), &
                  1
Error: Generic function 'nf90_put_var' at (1) is not consistent with a
specific intrinsic interface

My feeling is that these are really Xcode issues, but I worked out a fix
that should make every compiler (we know about) happy. I have attached it
to this email.

Instructions for applying this bugfix:

First make sure your Amber 12 is completely up-to-date. Instructions are
here: http://jswails.wikidot.com/installing-amber12-and-ambertools-12#toc3(take
notice of the Note!).

Download the bugfix.8 file and apply it using patch_amber.py, then move it
into the Applied patches folder to register the patch:

./patch_amber.py --apply bugfix.8

The patch needs to be tested before it's published to make sure it doesn't
have an adverse side-effects, but I'm expecting it will not since the
changes were small. If this fixes (or does not fix) the issue for you,
please respond so we can get it working.

Thanks!

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida
Ph.D. Candidate