Re: [AMBER] is there a batch queue app?

From: Jonathan Gough <jonathan.d.gough.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 17:38:42 -0400

Posting this in case someone searches for it later.

I found that using the batch command (
http://unixhelp.ed.ac.uk/CGI/man-cgi?batch+1) worked great. obviously lots
of different ways to use it, but simply using batch (which only runs a job
in the queue when the machine load drops below a certain level) will run
jobs sequentially.

for example
$ echo "mpirun -np 4 $AMBERHOME/bin/pmemd.MPI -O -i mdin -o mdout -p prmtop
-c inpcrd" | batch

in each directory of the bechmarks, allowed me to stack all the reference
calculations to be run. Once one is done, the other begins. the man page
gives easy and simple instructions, but for my purposes, this works just
fine. (I am the only user right now)

on a side note, pbs was a pain to get setup on a single machine, and since
it has to run a server, it is using resources... does it make difference...
i'm not going to investigate.

Thanks all for the advice and support.

Jonathan