Re: [AMBER] Problem with NAB: "Residue g not in library rna.amber94.rlb."

From: Romelia Salomon <romelia.caltech.edu>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 15:07:11 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Piotr, it worked beautifully!

> Just remove the base, rename the rest - sugar and phosphate backbone to
a new nucleoside name and Leap or NAB should be able to rebuilt the new
base in more or less good orientation (given some small
> fluctuations around the chi angle).
>
> Piotr
>

>> Thanks David!
>> Yes, it was my mistake, I was following an example from an old version of
>> the AmberTools manual and the sequence was given in lowercase letters,
>> am guessing that was the whole problem since I changed that in my input
file and now it works perfectly. (yes, I have been using AmberTools12)
About my second question. I have a nucleotide sequence I got from the
PDB
>> database and I need to mutate it. I need to change one of the
>> nucleotides
>> in the middle to a different one. I thought about reading the reference
one, then create a second one with the right sequence and then do a
"superimpose()" to try to make the created sequence to adopt a similar
geometry as the reference one, but I am not sure if that would be the
best
>> way to do this.
>> Thanks!
>>> This sounds like an old version of the code. Please upgrade to
AmberTools12,
>>> if you have not already done so. If that doesn't help, you should
post