[AMBER] Solvation of surfactant molecules

From: Debolina Mitra <contact.debolinamitra.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 13:49:44 +0530

Dear Amber community,

I am a user of Amber11 and working on a surfactant molecule. I have
generated the parameter file of the above molecule using Gauss View 03
(windows version) and antechamber of Amber 11. Next I wish to do the
following task:

(i) The amphiphile contains a hydrophilic head part (ammonium group) and a
long hydrocarbon tail. By using which solvent model one can only solvate
the head part of a molecule and keep the long tail part vertically aligned
in air?

(ii) Next I need to replicate the whole system creating a monolayer of the
amphiphile at the air-water interface in two dimension.

Kindly suggest a viable route for the task, if possible.

Thanks & regards

Debolina Mitra

--
Dr. Debolina Mitra