Re: [AMBER] non-polar solvation energies decomposed in PB

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 15:26:27 -0400

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 12:19 PM, Qiong Zhang <qiong.zhang.qzh.gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've got a PB decomposition question. I found that the non-polar solvation
> energies are not decomposable with amber11/ambertools1.5, showing all ZERO
> values for the non-polar solvation energies.
>
> I wonder if with amber12/ambertools12, the non-polar solvation energies are
> decomposable or not?

You can use the GB decomp and use those non-polar decomposition values as
an estimate, I think. Ultimately both PBSA and GBSA rely on the SA part to
calculate the non-polar solvation term (although PBSA also has a dispersion
term that may be more involved, but is not active for decomp as far as I
know).

HTH,

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida