Re: [AMBER] Amber 12 Installation errors relevant to fftw3

From: M. L. Dodson <mldodson.comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 08:10:06 -0500

On Apr 28, 2012, at 1:21 AM, Shulin Zhuang wrote:

> Dear David, Bud and Jason
>
> Great thanks for the suggestions. Sorry to reply you so late because that I
> attended a meeting and just returend back.
>
> I will report to you the information later.
>
> Best regards
> Shulin

I'm afraid I mostly contributed misinformation. Of course the flag for no
newline at the end of an echo'ed string is -n, not -c. It HAS been a long
time since I did this with some regularity. :( In checking this, I found
that in modern shells echo is deprecated in favor of using printf, at least
in the documentation I found via Google, but echo is kept because so many
existing scripts depend on it.

Good luck.
Bud Dodson

> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 3:25 AM, David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Apr 26, 2012, M. L. Dodson wrote:
>>>
>>> PS, I just remembered I have a BSD box in my garage if you really think
>>> this is important enough to dig it out.
>>
>> No...that should not be necessary. Actually, Ubuntu linux links /bin/sh to
>> dash, not bash, and that is usually how we find out about bash extensions
>> that have crept in. Also, cygwin uses ash. Both are closer to the real
>> Bourne shell than is the Bourne-again shell.
>>
>> Anyway, it looks like the problem is somewhere else....none of us can
>> reproduce the original poster's behavior, and hence need more info.
>>
>> ...thanks....dac

M. L. Dodson
Business email: activesitedynamics-at-gmail-dot-com
Personal email: mldodson-at-comcast-dot-net
Gmail: mlesterdodson-at-gmail-dot-com
Phone: eight_three_two-five_63-386_one