Re: [AMBER] Amber 12 Installation errors relevant to fftw3

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 22:30:22 -0400

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012, Shulin Zhuang wrote:

> Following your suggestions ,I got the same information using gcc -v and
> gfortran --v :
>
> gcc version 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-46)

OK...this compiler version cannot be used to compile fftw3. As Jason said,
the configure script should have told you that. Very near the top of
configure's output there are lines like this:

Obtaining the gnu suite version:
      gcc -v
The version is 4.6.2

What are the corresponding lines on your machine? That will help us figure
out why the error message is not being triggered. Thanks.

> I re-configured it using the -nofftw3 and can successfully installed the
> serial and parallel version of amber 12.

This is the best you can do without upgrading to the 4.3 or greater versions
of the gnu compilers.

(Aside to Jason: are those bash-isms at line 711 of configure2?)

....dac