[AMBER] how does frcmod work specifially. rdparm

From: Knips, Alexander <alexander.knips.ph.tum.de>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 12:05:42 +0000

Hi guys,
I am actually still confused on how the forcefield modifications in AMBER work specifically.

In my case I have a nucleic structure and changed a specific residue. Lets call it YYY.
For this residue I implemented he specific forcefield modifications according to a paper.

For example an angle parameter like C -N -C is changed in my YYY.frcmod file. Now I still don't understand whether the YYY.frmod changed the angle parameter for all residues or just for the previously unknown YYY residue.

Besides, I also implemented a YYY.prepin

I tried to use rdparm to compare supposedly unchanged residues but that worked out to be really hard as he order of the parameters is completely different.

I would appreciate your help.

With best regards,
Alexander